The Ten Commandments have been a pillar of Western law and culture for centuries. In recent years it seems they’ve been most visible in controversies about whether they should be displayed in the public square. Some see these “ten words” as negative and prohibitive in nature, while others regard them as friends who can make life richer and more fulfilling..
The Commandments speak to us today in a six-week series. We’ll cover two commandments each week in short messages. Pastor Mike will be joined in this series with members of the Cross Winds preaching team.
The Ten Commandments introduced in Deuteronomy 5: 1-22. (Pastor Mike)
1. You shall have no other gods before (or besides) me. (Pastor Mike)
2. You shall not make for yourself a graven image. (Pastor Mike)
3. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain. (Jamie Boettcher)
4. Remember the Sabbath to keep it holy. (Pastor Mike)
5. Honor your father and mother. (Bill Lewis)
6. You shall not kill. (Pastor Mike)
Sunday, January 28th has one worship service at 9:30 am with our annual “Celebrate Cross Winds” meal and church conference following. The theme is “Back to the 90’s” celebrating Cross Winds 25th Anniversary.
7. You shall not commit adultery. (Rev. Harold Biederman)
8. You shall not steal. (Pastor Mike)
9. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor. (Rev. Shirley Duncanson)
10. You shall not covet anything that belongs to your neighbor. (Pastor Mike)