We continue to produce a 30-35 minute worship service for each weekend. Weekly On-Line Services are available each week beginning Mid Saturday Afternoon. Some Sundays have an additional drive-in parking lot service. See below for details.
Sunday November 22 – “The Power of a Thankful Heart”
On this Thanksgiving Sunday, we are invited by God to be people who feel and practice thankfulness. Is this possible in a “2020 kind of year?” Our wise ancestors cry out to us “Yes it is!” Our pledge cards for 2021 will be received on this day. This is our last scheduled Sunday morning drive-in worship service at 10 AM. Groceries will be collected for Breaking Free – the ministry working to free women and families from the bondage of sex trafficking. Online and Parking Lot worship services
Thursday November 26th – Thanksgiving
A special Thanksgiving Day online recorded worship service will be offered with greetings from your Cross Winds’ staff and other leaders. Our music department and choir will shine with Thanksgiving joy.
Sunday November 29 – Advent Begins “Simply Christmas”
The first Christmas was for the most part a very simple event. A humble couple, away from home, giving birth to a child in the most down-to-earth of circumstances. It seems like most people didn’t even notice. But this was the Son of God coming into the world to take on the darkness and bring light and grace. A favorite preacher named Bruce Thielemann called it a “sleepy invasion.”
The COVID-19 pandemic has thrust upon us a simple Christmas for this year. But instead of lamenting and despairing our situation, Cross Winds is embracing the simplicity of Christmas.
- We will be encouraging you to celebrate with the lighting of Advent candles. Devotional guides and Advent Wreath craft kits will be available.
- Christmas Eve will find us worshipping in the parking lot at 4:00 and 8:00 PM with a simple telling of the Story of Christ’s Coming to Us. God is with Us!
Within the theme “Simply Christmas” the worship message series for this Advent season is “A Dickens of a Christmas.” Pastor Mike has long wanted to explore and celebrate the great spiritual themes found in Charles Dickens’ classic work – “A Christmas Carol.” I invite you to read the book or watch one of the film versions of this great story as part of your Advent experience this year.
ABOUT OUR WORSHIP EXPERIENCES
The link to each weekend's recorded on-line service is active Saturday afternoons through Monday nights. You will find them on the home page of our website, on our Facebook page, and they will also be emailed to you. We are committed to having an online worship service every weekend.
We continue to monitor the wisdom and advice of the best health professionals as far as safe procedures for gathering. With the uncertainty and recent increase in COVID-19 outbreaks, we don't yet have a clear picture of when we will return to "in person” worship in the sanctuary. Our task force of Cross Winds' medical professionals, Jeanine Ronning, JoAn Baker, and Kara Biederman Israel continue to meet and monitor the virus developments and report to the Cross Winds’ Board.
We will gather together again when it is safe. We promise to stay in touch on this.
SMALL GATHERINGS AND SMALL GROUPS
Small groups up to 30 persons have begun to meet in our facility. The only room available is the Fellowship Hall All groups must schedule through our Office Manager Lori Goldstein 763.494.9463 or
- We will continue to hold online worship and park-ing lot worship services at least through the end of the summer. There will be no sanctuary in-person worship services at this time.
- Outdoor gatherings may take place on church property. Participants would bring their own chairs and follow the guidelines for use of the building if needed. Masks are optional outdoors, but physical distancing still applies.
- Small groups (limit of 30 people) may hold meet-ings in Fellowship Hall only.
- A list of COVID-19 symptoms will be provided on line and at the entrance to the building. By entering, you confirm that you are feeling well and do not have any of the symptoms listed.
- Only one small group can meet at a time. There will be at least 30 minutes between gatherings. All meetings must be scheduled through the church office through the Office Manager Lori Goldstein 763.494.9463 or e-mail Lori
- Groups must follow strict physical distancing (six feet on every side) and all attendees must wear masks. Family members residing together may sit together.
- Masks must be worn (cloth or other option) while in the building. Participants should bring their own, but a small supply may be available.
- Any food or beverages must be brought in individual servings.
- The nursery will be closed for children for the time being.
- Participants should minimize the number of items touched or distributed.
- Use “no-touch” alternatives for greetings. Consider a friendly wave, a slight bow of the head, or crossing your arms over your heart.
- No singing is allowed; may hum under masks.
- People are encouraged to leave the building as soon as the meeting concludes rather than mingling.
- The entrance doors to building and fellowship hall will be marked for entry and exit, with care taken to use physical distancing. Doors may be propped open to eliminate need for people to touch door handles.
- Sanitizing wipes and hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance in the fellowship hall and the bath-rooms at all times.Only one person is allowed in the bathroom at a time (except members of same family). Each person must wipe down all surfaces they touch with the provided sanitizing wipes (or cleaning materials) before exiting bathroom.
- Each small group will have a designated host. The host will:
- Communicate the guidelines to the group and as-sure they are followed.
Be responsible for the cleaning of all surfaces that have been touched with provided wipes.
- Complete the building use checklist (with start/stop time of the meeting, names/phone numbers of each person present in case follow-up or contact tracing is needed, cleaning done, etc.)
- This checklist will be turned into Cross Wind’s office manager following your gathering, either by leaving it at church or sending it via email to the church office at e-mail Lori
See the October Compass -Page 4 for more information
The normal Sunday Morning non-COVID Schedule during the school year is:
back to top