Cross Winds Facilities team manages the church property under the leadership of the Trustees. Senior Facilities is a major portion of this team. Here’s what they have been doing during our pandemic shutdown.
CROSS WINDS SPRING and SUMMER LANDSCAPING TASKS for 2020
ONE TIME SPRING/SUMMER TASKS:
- Lilacs: Removed East group of lilacs and Rock. Added 1 yard of Dirt. Need 1 more yard of dirt and plant grass. Thanks Dick, Marlan, Bill, David A, Roger
- Big Island water pipe: Dave Looney contracting installation of under driveway pipe
- Remove paver blocks next to rear sidewalk and parking lot: Replace with dirt (from bare lawn) and seed grass. Four paver blocks have been removed. Need to remove more paver blocks and restore sod. Thanks Dick
- Pine Trees (next to parking lot): Trim branches all around and remove low dead branches. TBD
- Trees in back yard: Remove branches that touch building and other dead branches. Dave Looney.
ON GOING TASKS:
- Spray weeds with round-up: concrete, driveway and rock areas all around the building, under pine trees, mulch under lilacs – big job, a little bit each week
- Weeding: Big island and front of church gardens – a little bit each week
- Trimming: Lilacs and front of church shrubs/trees as needed (twice per year)
- Trimming: Trees around the power transformer (one per year).
- Suckers on Trees: Remove as needed (once per year). (North West lawn and North East near sidewalk).
- Broken Sprinkler pipe repaired – Thanks Scott McHenry
- Big Island plantings and front of building gardens: 18 plants replaced, and mulch renewed. Thanks Dave Looney for getting mulch, Marlan Tavis for getting plants. Marlan, Bill, Dick and Roger for planting and spreading the mulch.
- Front yard bench: Replaced boards with composite deck material. Thanks Dick. Thanks Dick and Bill for making the bench stable with pavers from the back sidewalk.
- Sign flower beds: New flowers have been planted with new mulch. Thanks Dave Looney
- Yard fertilized: Thanks Dave Looney
- Spray weeds in lawn: Thanks Dick and Marlan (finished May 20)
Remove Stump and plant Grass: Between NE parking lot and sidewalk: Thanks Dave Looney
Cross Winds Facilities wants to be proactive when issues arise at church. If you uncovered a problem that needs fixing, please fill out the following so we can make it right.
Your request will be forwarded to the facilities chairperson when you click the "send" button.
back to top